Andy's Training Log

anirudh412

Hey everyone!!

Decided to give HST a go. Just started bulking at 2600 cals daily with 300g carbs, 200g proteins and 60g fats. I am 5'8" and 130lbs (yeah, I know, I NEED some serious bulking up :))

Anyway, this is what I made up. I'll be doing an ABA - BAB type training

Workout A -
Squat
Flat Bench
Chin Ups
Bi Curls
Military Press
Crunches

Workout B -
Calve Presses
Low to High Cable Flies
Deadlifts
Skullcrushers
Shrugs
Crunches

2 sets each of every workout. Everything else remains standard. Training M/W/F, starting with 15 reps for 2 weeks, progressing to 10 and 5 for 2 weeks each. The 7th and 8th weeks would be just a continuation of 5th and 6th week.

Any comments on the split? Am I planning something wrong? (or everything wrong??)

You're pretty small man :p

Might I suggest doing less isos and more compound or do isos on the off days like tuesday and thursday?

Also, I would suggest putting Rows in. It's a great compound exercise.

Yeah I know... I was shocked myself when I found out that my weight was 130!!! Therefore the looooong bulking period. But keeping it ultra clean as I am 'fat phobic'

I wanted to include BB rows myself, but didn't know where to insert them. Any suggestions? Also any suggestions for replacing the isos with complexes?

Put the BB Rows in workout B; your back and biceps will be too fatigued from chins in workout A. As far as your iso work goes, chins and BB rows will hit your biceps nicely so no need for curls, and bench and military press will hit your triceps, so no need for skull crushers. On that note, I'd move either bench or military press to workout B. When things get heavy, you don't want to compromise your progress with fatigue. In terms of your isos - there's nothing wrong with doing them if they don't impact your other lifts. Maybe do them toward the end of the week when you have the weekend to recover. Just a thought.

Back