Another noobie workout

eljebus

Hey,

Im about to start an HST workout, in a month or so (want to wrap up Stronglifts 5x5 first).

I had this short workout in mind, was wondering what you thought about it:

1. Full Squats
2. Leg Curls
3. Slight Incline Bench Press
4. Seated rows (might be weighted inverted rows)
5. Upright Rows

Superset of hanging leg raises and hyperextensions.

Leaving out Deadlifts, Dips and Pull-Ups for next cycle, just cause I cant get to 15 reps yet on the latter ones, and want to simplify the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

Im about to start an HST workout, in a month or so (want to wrap up Stronglifts 5x5 first).

I had this short workout in mind, was wondering what you thought about it:

1. Full Squats
2. Leg Curls
5. Upright Rows

Superset of hanging leg raises and hyperextensions.

Leaving out Deadlifts, Dips and Pull-Ups for next cycle, just cause I cant get to 15 reps yet on the latter ones, and want to simplify the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.
1. Full Squats/alternated with deadlifts
2. chins
5. shoulders-press or lateral-raises

the deadlifts will work your hamstrings ok,stick with the chins even though you cant do 15,cluster them,then do 10s with bodyweight and 5s with some added weight.

Alright, thanks!

But why lateral raises, instead of upright rows, which are compound? Don't they both work the side delt? I've always prefered upright rows, as to how the movement felt in my joints...

Alright, thanks!

But why lateral raises, instead of upright rows, which are compound? Don't they both work the side delt? I've always prefered upright rows, as to how the movement felt in my joints...

alot of people seem to get shoulder probs with upright rows,if you are going to do them take a wider grip and only come up to your nipple level.

Back