Another Workout

Jonny

Okay here it is. Now for years I trainied heavy Duty way, following less is more principles. Here is my workout now:

Workout A:

Leg Press
Bench Press
Barbell Row

Workout B:

Deadlift
Shoulder Press
CG Pulldown

MON - Workout A/B
TUE - 45min Cardio
WED - Workout A/B
THU - 45min Cardio
FRI - Workout A/B

1 set for 15's and 12's, 2 sets for 10's and 8's, 3 sets for 5's and 3's, and then 1 set of max reps for 3 workouts.

Works a treat.... well for me anyways. What you all think about it?

Jonny

Welcome dude!

I can see you have been in the iron game before!

Looks nice and simple, yet effective!

I assume workouts A/B are done AM/PM fashion?

Then it is just fine.

Why the 15/12/10/8/5/3? and Not 15/10/5, it will reduce the necessity of working maxes for all those different rep schemes!

If you do 4 weeks of 5's you can still go for the 3's anyway!

Think about it.

It's going to be very effective as those are pretty much the exercies I use in a single total body workout.

I've played with that kind of repetition scheme vs 15/10/5 and it doesn't really make much of a difference in the results. Just be sure you aren't working near maximal poundages too often by allowing the first workout of the next lower rep range to use lower poundages than the previous workout so that it actually feels "light"; otherwise known as avoid using a linear progression in your poundages.

I do Leg Press and Pulldowns because it allows me to preform better Static and Negative movements. There's hardly any static resistance in Squats, and very little in Pullups; along with these exercises allowing more control. Just my preference thats all.

I can see your point of view on squats, but with relation to pulldowns vs. chins I side with my liege. I'm assuming you are talking about being able to control the movement, and I think chins are easily done, even as negatives, while allowing more weight to be used than pulldowns.

Back