Any changes?

LeylandLatic

Hi, i'm just about top start an HST cycle (for the first time). I've read quite alot on it but I still have a few things that need clearing up. Firstly this is the workout I am intending to do; Anyone care to critique my HST workout, I already have my 15, 10 and 5RM's just not sure if i'm gonna leave all these in. I've tried to look at what other people on here have said. Sorry about how it looks, I had used blank characters to space it out but the board removed them when i went to preview.

-------------------------15-------10-------5
Bench Press----------------55-------65------80
Deadlift---------------------100------120-----150
Squat (1-3-4-6)------------60-------80-----100
Leg Press (2-4)------------190------250-----300
Dips-------------------------b/w-----+10-----+25
BB Row----------------------45-------55------70
SLDL-------------------------65-------90------110
Calf Raise-------------------80-------130-----150
Military Press--------------32.5------40------50
Concentration Curls--------14-------18------20
Hammer Curls--------------10-------14------16
Close Grip Bench-----------40-------50------60
Shrugs(BB)-----------------65-------80-------95

Weights are in kilos.

The squats I intend to do on workouts 1-3-4-6 with Leg Press on 2-5. So I have a couple of questions. This will mean 12 exercises each workout but is it necessary to put both squats and leg press in for variation or should I stick to good old squats? With the curls (of which I have 2 varieties cos they are quite under devoloped), the differences in weight are quite small, so how should I do my incrementation? I know people will say use barbell but it just isn't an option unfortunately because it gives me really bad forearm strain. Finally, in the basic guide to HST it says to do 2*15 but i've also heard that 1*15 is correct, so which is it?

Thanks for any help.

far to much on there, plus you have no vertical pull like chins etc,try something like this.
squat alternated with deadlift
dips
b-o-r
millitary-press
chins
you can do some bis/tris but if it gets to hard when you reach the 10s 5s then just drop them.

if your increments are small double them up like this 80,80,90,90,100,100,
2x5 or 1x5 try it and see how you go.

Last edited:
far to much on there, plus you have no vertical pull like chins etc,try something like this.
squat alternated with deadlift
dips
b-o-r
millitary-press
chins
you can do some bis/tris but if it gets to hard when you reach the 10s 5s then just drop them.

if your increments are small double them up like this 80,80,90,90,100,100,
2x5 or 1x5 try it and see how you go.

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask though, how would it be too much if I can still get through it in 60-90 mins? Would the workout not be really short if I was only doing 5 or 6 different exercises for a couple of sets each or am I totally missing the point?

Cheers.

you have alot of exercises that use the same muscles ie bench-press/dips/close-grip-bench or deadlifts/shrugs so those muscles are going to get very fatigued,also if you just did say dips for chest you would have more energy to use more weight.
also more isnt always better having a short workout isnt a bad thing,plus it might seem easy now but when you reach the last couple of workouts of the 10s then the 5s you wont find it so easy.

Back