Apple Cider Vinegar

I always made little cocktails out of my ACV...a couple tablespoons in some water with a little honey, twice a day.

About 2 tablespoons before your carb meals. I mix 2 tbls vinegar, 2 tbls lemon juice, and just enough water to dilute it so it doesn't burn too much going down.

Thing is i have the capsules... After alot of searching on the net i think the capsules are actually 35% acetic acid, which would mean each capsule would have 0.172 grams of acetic acid.

i think the reccomended dosage is 0.2 g equiv. to 2 teaspoons but i am not sure.

so 1 capsule would more or less be just shy of 2 teaspoons.

dood and cthonian are talking table spoons though
crazy.gif

Oh well, looking back at a post made by blade he says one should be taking (0.2grams acetic acid/100g of food) which works out to be 4 cc vinegar/100g of food...

and 4 cc = 0.811536541 US teaspoons... so perhaps they are taking too much or unless i've misunderstood.

"QUOTE:
Research by nutritionist Carol S. Johnston of Arizona State University East in Mesa suggests one easy measure that might have a notable impact: Consume more vinegar.

A few tablespoons of vinegar prior to a meal—such as part of an oil-and-vinegar salad dressing—could benefit people with diabetes or at high risk of developing the disease.

Her studies indicate that 2 tablespoons of vinegar before a meal—perhaps, as part of a vinaigrette salad dressing—will dramatically reduce the spike in blood concentrations of insulin and glucose that come after a meal. In people with type 2 diabetes, these spikes can be excessive and can foster complications, including heart disease

To Johnston' surprise, however, "here was actually about a 2-pound weight loss, on average, over the 4 weeks in the vinegar group." In fact, unlike the control group, none in the vinegar cohort gained any weight, and a few people lost up to 4 pounds. Average weight remained constant in the group not drinking vinegar."

http://forum.avantlabs.com/index.p....95&st=0

But as people trying to build muscle, do we want to reduce this insulin spike?
Was the weight lost fat?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i picked up 4 litres of the vinegar lollll! it's dirtt cheap!!!
Lmao onemorerep, that cracked me the hell up!

Onemorerep

I have taken the capsules before, and they work, I think if you take too much (more than 3 caps daily) you get heartburn, that figures LOL with all that acetic acid
laugh.gif

However it is a good thremogenic agent and many peopkle swear by it, apart from being quite safe.

So wheather it is in tablespoons or as is, it really dioes not matter, the capsules are way easier to take, that too is obvious LOL
laugh.gif

Fausto

Back