Arms and Delts are lagging :(

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_deswal
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_deswal

Greetings Folks,

I will be finished my 10RM block on my first cycle Friday.

And I happy to announce that I am noticing pretty good results all be it minimal. But then again I still have the 5RM and Neg to get through.

My only concern is the My arms and delts are lagging as are my legs but I have a good excuse for my legs as I have really bad knees and I can not do squats/extensions.

So I am just trying to figure out how can I get my arms 'to catch up'.

In searching the web I found this rather amusing article
http://boards.askmen.com/viewtopic.php?t=11976

But in all seriousness how can I get my arms to catch up. My body looks really funny with large chest/back/abs with these puny arms

My workouts are listed below. Keep in mind that I have really bad joints which limits what I can do.

Workout 1
DB Flyes
Straight Bench
Pull down
Bent Over Row
Military Press
DB lateral raises
Preacher Curls
Tricep Extensions
Single Arm Cable Tri/Bi/Forearm
Leg Curls
Leg press
Calves
Hyper extensions
Sit ups

Workout 2
Incline Bench
Decline Bench
Pull Over
Seated Row
Rear Delt
Shrugs
Concentration Curls
Tricep Kickbacks
Single Arm Cable Tri/Bi/Forearm
Leg Curls
Leg press
Calves
Hyper extensions
Sit ups

Any advice on how to make gains on the arms would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

Your joints limit what you can do? Are you serious?? Could you possibly fit any more exercises in there lol
biggrin.gif

How many sets per exercise have you been doing?

Have a read of this thread : http://www.hypertrophy-specific.info/cgi-bin....t=12541

2 Sets/exercise. (one is a warm up though)

I guess I am over doing it
blush.gif

But each routine is done on different days.

And because I can not do squats etc I have substitute it with leg exercises.

At least that is my reasoning behind it.

Either workout only takes about an hour to do.

About my limitations
I can't do chin ups/or dips (believe me I try).
And using free weights unless I have a spotter which I rarely do. So I use the hammer strength machines which IMO is the next best thing.

First off, you could trim your workout. Check out the Simplify and Win thread that Fausto started. Dump all isolations... I REPEAT, dump all isolations. The big core compound exercises are your magic potion. I'm talking about Deadlifts, Bench Press, Dips, Chins (close grip), Squats, Rows, Military Press.... All of those exercises are plenty enough to make a good split HST routine.

You say you cannot do chins or dips. What about doing them on an assisted machine? You must goto a gym if you are working out using Hammer Strength machines, so I imagine there is a Chins/Dips machine or two.

colby speaks the holy truth (or is that the whole truth??)...

I haven't done an arm isolation in ages and my arms are proportional to the rest of my body.

Dips, presses, rows and chins will all target the arms.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Mar. 07 2007,15:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">... I'm talking about Deadlifts, Bench Press, Dips, Chins (close grip), Squats, Rows, Military Press....</div>
With close grip chins, do you mean chins with palms facing body and no more than shoulder width ?

Thanks

Andrea

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">With close grip chins, do you mean chins with palms facing body and no more than shoulder width ?</div>
I'm not colby, but yes.

If you don't have an assist machine, dips and chins are the easiest to do negatives with. You can use negs to get strength up until you can do one rep properly on either. After that, use max-stim to add reps, until you can do straight sets.

I believe that virtually anyone should be able to pull themselves up and over a wall or climb out of a hole. The exersizes for this? Dips pullups and, chins.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">With close grip chins, do you mean chins with palms facing body and no more than shoulder width ?</div>

As 9to5 said - yes, but you close grip chins can be done with the palms facing perpendicular to your body and opposite of each other - once again, no more than shoulder width.

Back