Aussie starting HST!

Bomber

Been reading the FAQ's and forums for a while and decided to give HST a go with a hybrid version as my first attempt.
Before you all go "no, no, no" - I have been training several years with strength programs like Bill Starr's 5x5 due to our national game here in Aussie land - "Australian Rules Football". This will be a big leap for me with training and thinking so if all goes well I will set it up the correct way when I do it again.
I have 7 weeks before I am on holiday so I thought why not give this a go and test the theory in the next few weeks. Going into 3 weeks of 5's then 3-4 weeks of neg's/clusters. 5RM is basically where I have trained for a long time so I am comfortable in this range and coming off a Christmas layoff it will let me back down the weight so I can ramp up for 3 weeks and hit my 5RM's.
Well keep you updated as I start to poke my nose around the place.
Great site.  
worship.gif

welcome mate..i cant see it doing any harm if your well trained anyway but after a christmas layoff i might have started with at least a week of 10s to ease you back into it.good luck :D

Hi there mate

Welcome to HST!

I share Faz's opinion, although I would obviously caution you that some time in the future you should admonish sue of the 51's and 10's or at least the 10's.

But from your experience, you should be fine at least now in the transition phase and because your background is strength training!

keep us posted though!
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks guys!

I must admit the 10's were attractive and I was thinking about throwing in a week after I read a few more hybrid posts from other members. You guys have now really made me think of doing it. I am still trying to get out of 5 rep thinking.

So what do you guys think of the following bearing in mind I want to hit some of the HST theories and would love to add some size in the next few weeks;

* Total Body x 5 (Mon - Fri)
* Each Exercise x 2 Sets
* 2 weeks x 10's (Each weight repeated twice)
* 2 weeks x 5's (Each weight repeated twice)
* 2 weeks x Negs/Clusters (weight increment each week)

This will leave me with 1 week to play with that I can add to 10's, 5's or N's.

I will be doing: Squat, Deadlift, Bench, Bent Over Row, Military Press, Calf Raise

That sounds like a good routine. If you have an extra week, definitely add it on to the negatives...

Let us know how it goes. I imagine with a great diet, you should make some serious mass gains.

Back