Avoiding shoulder problems

style

Hey guys, I recently hurt my shoulder, so I'll be taking a break from training until its better
sad.gif
. Just wanted to give some advice, hopefully it will prevent someone from getting rotator cuff pain.

1 If your barbell military pressing, be careful about taking the bar down to your breastbone, this caused problems for me ( Iv heard others say the same ie Bryan, Steve)

2 If your starting rotator cuff exercises, start really light! I'm 233 of muscle and 12lbs for side lying abduction was too heavy, in fact I think this contributed to my problem. When I start again, I'll start with 6lbs and work my way up.

3 I think doing external rotator cuff exercises and stretching are good ideas for everyone.

Happy lifting
biggrin.gif

You may want to look into some Super Cissus from USP labs.

Been hearing some good results from the other boards on the stuff.

Worth looking into if not anything else

Style-
Sorry to hear of your injury. I can definitely relate to the humbling experience that is rotator cuff exercises! I had a class I separated should last year due to a bicycle crash, and spent most of last winter and spring rehabbing. 5lbs on lying abductions and expecially rotations was enough for me, and do even mention Cubans- I'm still doing only 45. But keep on keepin' on- the exercises are definitely worth it. I highly recommend keeping them in everyone's routine, even if only once/week. You neve know when a cuff is gonna pop or you're gonna be in a non-weight training-related accident!

All the best for a speedy recovery!

Back