BAd pull ups

texmeister

Hi eb,

I began HST today after my SD.( I'm on a 12 reps range) I can't make more than 10-12 reps on pull ups so can't add weight... so can you help me! what shpuld I do? I do one set of 12 for the moment and thought adding reps on a second set but don't know if it a good idea. so if you got some advice it's wellcome

thx

tex

<div>
(texmeister @ Jan. 29 2007,13:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hi eb,

I began HST today after my SD.( I'm on a 12 reps range) I can't make more than 10-12 reps on pull ups so can't add weight... so can you help me! what shpuld I do? I do one set of 12 for the moment and thought adding reps on a second set but don't know if it a good idea. so if you got some advice it's wellcome

thx

tex</div>
I would take subtract 1 pullup for each workout day, going backwards. So, 7 pullups on #1 workout, then 8, etc. until you get up to 12 on last day. Hopefully you'll be able to get 13 or more on the last day though. If not, then maybe next cycle.

If that doesn't work and you want to stick with 12 reps throughout entire cycle then you can use the lat pulldown machine until your last day of cycle, but pullups are far superior to lat pulldowns IMO

That's exactly what I've been doing - increasing reps through the weeks, although I'm doing 2 sets each time. So far I like it. I'm only in the second week of 10s, but it feels that by the time I'm doing my 5 rep max, I'll be able to break through my former plateau. We'll see.

Ok thx for answers

I'll increase my pull ups with one rep each workout, I don't how to be stronger on this exercise... When I began weight training I was able to do 8 reps on pull ups...now no more than 12 I reached a palteau and can't improve this exercise any more.
A guy wrote a book with a technic to improve dips and traction it works well ( In one year I saw a guy begining with 2 pull ups now he makes 40 pull ups the guy who wrote the book is able to make 6 series of 40 dips with 25s of rest) but taxes the NCS too much for me but a lot of lifter increased their results.

Back