Best beginning exercises

lpdude903

I am starting a friend on HST, and i forget what exercises i started with. I told him to do incline, dips, deads, squat, hammer curl, pullups, rows, and overhead extensions. what else is there?

Keep it simple to start out with. He can specialize and change up exercises as he goes. How about this for starters:

Deadlift
Squat
Dips
Chins
Calf Raises
Military Press

If that's not enough for him, then add:

Rows
Bench Press

ok thanks. i have another question now. when i first started hst, i started with the compound exercises and then later in the cycle added some isolating exercises. im now starting my third cycle, should i again start with only compund exercises, or can i add some isolating ones too?

Did it work for you in the first two cycles? If so, then don't try to fix something that isn't broke.

If I were to include isolations in my cycle, I would keep them in the 15's and the 10's when the load is lighter.

my opinion is you can add a isolation for weaker muscle-groups ! i think thats a good way to go. when the weights get heavy, do them too ! do them in the whole cycle !

Like Colby said keep it simple.

Do a form of compound each workout for every muscle group...and that with adequate protein and eating should help him make great gains over 1 years.

Bench, Squat, Chins, Rows, Shoulder presses...barbell and dumbell work...dips, etc...

Back