Best for chest

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_elektrobank
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_elektrobank

Since I've started HST I've only been doing incline dumbell presses and flys. My chest seems somewhat flat compared to my arms and sholders. I'm wondering if it just hasn't grown as much as the other muscles or if it is actually losing size. Either way, should I add some other chest exercises to my routine? If so, what else should I be doing? Also, are dumbells just as good as using a bar?

Db's > bar ; better stretch, ROM, and possibly less injury prone

Incline benching puts less emphasist on your lower chest region, thus is good to try to bring up a lagging upper chest.

Flat bench and dips hit the entire chest. Dips > flat bench.

I suggest adding and/or replacing the incline bench with dips or DB bench.

Keep the flys.

If you want to get fancy, look in the customizing HST thread about loaded stretches, neg's/clustering, and metabolic work (pulses, burn sets, etc.). Those have helped my chest alot.

You could try to add a loaded stretch-point excercise in addition to your compound, but too many excercises isn't a good thing. You can do Bench press + deep dumbell flyes. Read Jules' customization thread. It should answer most of your questions about adding excercises and maximizing techniques such as static holds, burn sets and etc.
OR, it could just be your genes, but who knows. good luck, check out the customization thread.

pzhang

Back