best tip to kickback motivation for 07?

S_F_H

Hola everyone! wish all of ya a happy new year 2007!

Here I am, taking a look back at my last semester at school with the workout and no real diet and I am kinda disapointed of myself... its mostly that I know how to progress (how to diet, workouts,etc..) but just doont do everything in order to make such things to happen.. :/

I wondered if you guys had any tip you use that could come in handy to take my protein late in the evening, or switch from casual clothes to the sporty set and get on that bench... I bought myself a board with dry markers to track my progress... now I would probably have to fix a middle term goal like 8 weeks? (or is this short term? lol)

hoping to hear from all of you!

happy new year again, all the best for 2007!

S_F_H

"look after the pennies & the pounds'll look after themselves" or in other words, set daily goals (eat right/workout/walk after tea etc) which form the foundation of a BB lifestyle; these will quickly become "good" habits and allow you to start focusing on longer term goals
laugh.gif

The best motivation must come from within yourself. Simply ask yourself, "how bad do I want it?" If you want it bad enough, you will do what is required. You don't have to like it, you don't have to enjoy it, you just have to do it...if you want the results. Realizing this and taking it one day at a time as already posted will work.

And if you don't stop whining and get to working out and eating properly, we're gonna kick your a$$. You're setting yourself up to be disappointed in everything you do in life. If you're going to be disappointed anyway, why bother, huh? And forget about the type of clothes you wear. You're on the wrong site for that Bubba. This site is about getting big and lean and fit. Shape up!
wink.gif

Your most valuable tool in the gym is your logbook, or sheets.
Wear what makes you feel good and comfortable.
Consistency is your best friend.

Your house is built one brick at a time. Miss a workout: lose a brick.

You guys keep bringing up gym clothes? You wear them? Are you supposed to?

Damn, I thought everyone was staring because they liked my workouts...guess not.

LOL, Quad... I really dig you man.

My motivation is for sport and general health. I want to be healthy and fit to ensure I can keep up with the young guys on the B-ball court.

I want to be an example for everyone else to see. If they want to become physically fit or simply slim down, they will see me and think "Hmmmm, if that guy in a wheelchair can do it, I can do it also."

My goal at first was to simply lift weights to stay in shape and help out my B-ball game. During the first few months, my goals expanded to a much better diet, better methods of lifting, strength training. Now, at one year of consistant training, I love where I am at.

Michael

Nike said it best "Just do it."

<div>
(Siskin#55 @ Jan. 03 2007,23:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">LOL,  Quad...  I really dig you man.  </div>
Yeah, despite the fact that he dresses up like the lead singer of the Village People and on the weekends roller skates with a bunch of guys wearing leather assless chaps, Quad's a really cool guy.

I find my motivation from my work.

Working as a Lt on a fire department the idea of not being able to save a child or one of my fellow brothers motivates past everything. I can't imagine having to go to someone's funeral and have to look a mother or wife in the eyes and tell her sorry...I just wan't strong enough or any other pitiful excuse.

I enjoy staying in shape and love the feel of a pump, but when my a$$ is dragging and need some self motivation, I think of those I work with and the idea that they may someday need me.

Yeah, I am with vagrant on this one.

I never really understood people who say they really want to do something, but lack motivation. Oxymoron.

If you really want to do something, reaching the objective itself is the motivation. When you really want to do something, all the 'stuff' you have to do to get there is thought of as a gift, a chance, a vehicle to get you where you want to go, and you appreciate that you are blessed with these tools, and execute everything with absolute vigor so as not to waste any opportunity or chance to get there.

You don't complain that you have to eat 4000 calories, you are thankful you don't have to eat 8000 and that you have that knowledge and resources to eat that much. Then you start attacking the problem and thinking what you have to do and how you are going to eat those 4000 calories.

You don't complain that you have to work out 3 times a week, you are thankful that you don't have to workout 3 hours a day/ seven days a week and that you have your own gym in your basement. Then you start attacking the problem and thinking what you have to do and how you are going to work out.

Then, every meal becomes important. And every set becomes the most important thing in your world.

At the end of the day, you reflect if what you did today was beneficial or not to attaining your goal and how you can make it better tomorrow. And really kick yourself in the balls if you wasted the day or even lost ground!!!

Who the hell needs motivation when you have a true goal?

Awesome post Nippon! &quot;As a man thinketh in his heart, so shall he be.&quot;
These guys who come up to you and ask &quot;Where do you work out?&quot; gall me. As if THAT mattered...then they usually say something lame like, &quot;I've been thinking of getting back into it.&quot; I usually think, or actually say, &quot;If you were thinking of that, you'd be INTO it.&quot;
Too many guys go to the gym without a thought in their heads, last a month or three and disappear for good.

thanks for all your posts...
so true nipponbiki.. i'll keep those thoughts in mind for the following cycle!
cool.gif

Back