BF%?

I started at about 10.5% after a successful cut, but this soon jumped up when I started eating again for HST. I'm at week 6 now and gained about 4-5lbs and my BF is fluctuating around 11.5%, but I have gained noticeable muscle mass along with a little extra fat on the belly.

It doesn't concern me as much as I thought it would because I know I can successfully cut with intense training and correct diet.

I am impressed with how this first cycle has gone up to know and I know these last two weeks at my 5RM will see me get even bigger and stronger.

I wouldn't worry about your BF, but I do recommend keeping track of it while you are training to make sure your eating enough without over eating. It's easier to build muscle when you are carrying a little extra BF, and it's easier to cut once you have added some lean mass. Besides that, it's a long way till warm weather comes back.

There is some evidence (debatable) that lower bodyfat percentage helps partitioning a bit. But in addition, beginning a bulk from 15% or higher reduces the amount of time you can continue bulking before you become a fat slob. Most conventional wisdom suggests bulking from 10% until you hit 15%, then cutting back down to 10%. Personally, I have had success bulking beyond 15% but keep in mind that the longer you bulk, the longer you will have to cut later on. Depending on what bodyfat percentage you are comfortable being.

Eh, I guess that's kind of a non-answer. The important thing is... what bodyfat percentage would you ultimately like to be at?

Back