Big hips

blisnut

Ive got a large lower body, and when I squat my legs, ass, thighs get retarded huge. Ive been more of a strength trainer over a bodybuilder in the past, so I didnt really care too much. Recently I have dropped 40 lbs after living in Hawaii for a while. Id like to get back to lifting but my perspective has changed a bit, with a slightly less of a concern for strength and a bit more on my appearance. So i'd like to build my legs without getting a barnyard ass. I used to squat ass to grass and do a lot of SLDL. I'm thinking I could still squat but with a shoulder width stance. I would still like to SLDL (its one of my favorite movements) but My freakin bubble but is off the chain. Any suggestions? I just dont want to get a whole new set of pants again.

<div>
(blisnut @ Mar. 09 2007,13:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ive got a large lower body, and when I squat my legs, ass, thighs get retarded huge.  Ive been more of a strength trainer over a bodybuilder in the past, so I didnt really care too much.  Recently I have dropped 40 lbs after living in Hawaii for a while.  Id like to get back to lifting but my perspective has changed a bit, with a slightly less of a concern for strength and a bit more on my appearance.  So i'd like to build my legs without getting a barnyard ass.  I used to squat ass to grass and do a lot of SLDL.  I'm thinking I could still squat but with a shoulder width stance.  I would still like to SLDL (its one of my favorite movements) but My freakin bubble but is off the chain.  Any suggestions?  I just dont want to get a whole new set of pants again.</div>
maybe front squats ? You don't go below parallel on those (actually most people can't) so the glutes aren't as involved in the movement and you can focus more on your quads. Leg curls don't involve the glutes as much as the hamstrings (at least they don't with me).

Back