calories during SD

waray214

i've got my last workout of week 8 tomorrow and then i'm heading into a dreaded 10 day SD. how i'll stay sane during that week and a half i have no idea. quick question on calorie intake during SD though. i swear i read somewhere, i think totentanz posted it, that i should eat above maintenance for 2-3 days after my last workout and then eat at maintenance for the remainder of the SD... is this right?

any suggestions or things i should know about calorie and protein/carb/fat intake during SD? i'll definitely lower my carb intake some and probably up the protein and fat. although i've already got a pretty high protein intake of about 40-45%...anyway, any thoughts are welcome

Yes, eat the same as you have been during the cycle for a couple days since you will still be growing. Then eat at maintenance throughout SD. Macros won't really matter a lot, just keep protein at a decent level so there is no concern about any muscle loss. You won't lose muscle anyway during a short break like that unless you are eating way under maintenance but better safe than sorry.

Back