Calves @ home

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_daxie
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_daxie

Hello,

I'll start a mon/wed/fri cycle next monday...

But I was wondering... I have verrrrry lagging calves (in size that is)...

I was thinking maybe I could do them extra on tuesday, thursday and saturday, thus in between the normal days. But problem is I can't make it to the gym 6x a week, too difficult with my social life (read: girlfriend)...

Is there any way I could take extra care of the calves, either by doing something at home, or any other options?

daxie

maybe one of the other fellows around here will have a better idea, but I use the same bar i use for squats, with weights on it of coarse, and I have a 2x6 board that I do my calves on. i just put not much more than my toes on the board. However, you don't get as good of a "stretch" as you do in the gym, but if I keep my knees bent in the same posistion on the way up and down, I get a good calf workout in the confort of my own garage.

i can also use the same 2x6 for sitting calf raises using the principle, but sometimes the weight of the bar on my leg hurts.

just one idea for ya
b0x

If you have a chinning/dipping belt with a long enough chain to hold 45's without them hitting you in the nuts and if you have enough weight you can do them off of a step. It might be awkward though, since you'll have a lot of 45's between your legs, but safer for the hips and spine than 1 legged calf raises with DBs.

Drew Baye

Back