Can I skip the 10's?

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_frivolousz21
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_frivolousz21

the 15's were great....

however my 10's are not that much heavier....

Id like to work with some heavier weights for the next 4 weeks...

so I was thinking.

10-8 reps. 2-3 sets
8-6 reps 2-3 sets
6 reps 3-4 sets
5 reps 4 sets

just to see how it goes.

I think it mostly depends on your experience with HST. If you don't have much experience with it I would say there isn't much to be gained from overcomplicating things. If there is too much zigzag in the weights and you want to avoid it, try using smaller increments in the 10s mesocycle and if necessary repeating weights. If your 10RM and your 15RM are too close then you might have miscalculated your RMs and you can try bumping your 10RM a bit and see how the cycle goes.
In any case your suggestion sounds good, I just don't think the cost/benefit is worth it.

Try just using 3 increments for your 10s and do two sessions with each. In other words, start 10s with 90% of your 10RMs; use those loads for two sessions; increment to 95% for two sessions and then, finally, use 100% for two sessions.

If you drop the 10's you'll really be dropping 2wks growth!

Do as LOL or Electric suggest i.e. repeat same weight a second time or use smaller increments for your 10's. You'll be at the heavy weights soon enough, don't sacrifice two weeks potential growth by skipping the 10's.

ended up doing 1 weeks of 10's.

Now I am gonna do 1 week of 8's.

then 2 weeks of 5's.

<div>
(Lol @ Aug. 28 2008,7:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Try just using 3 increments for your 10s and do two sessions with each. In other words, start 10s with 90% of your 10RMs; use those loads for two sessions; increment to 95% for two sessions and then, finally, use 100% for two sessions.</div>
I almost always use the same weight for two workouts before I bump them. Yeah - I know about RBE but I find it hard to believe that the second workout at the same weight is unproductive. Maybe by the 4th workout ... but 2nd? I doubt that it matters that much.

I'd rather do bigger increments every other workout than smaller jumps each workout. Just a preference but it's worked well for me.

Back