Can you guys help me figure this out?

Spyke

Here is the deal. I have been doing a major cutting cycle. I have about another 10-15lbs to go and have been taking weight off real slow, a little more the a pound a week. Because of that I have extended my hst cycle for about another 6-8 weeks doing mainly my 5 and 10 rep maxes.

These last couple days I am starting to feel burn out. Last week I started to feel some joint pain that would come and go after a few days but I kinda wrote it off. Today I went in and felt really weak on my lifts. I think now is the time for a nice 12 day sd.

I guess I can continue my cardio of 30 min 3 times a week during the sd. I will just try to maintain weight during the sd and maybe the 1st week of 15's so I will eat right around maintenance.

Now here is the wild card. As many of you know I am on Hrt. My doc is starting me on arimidex and I should have it next week. This is to bring down my estrogen levels because they have gone past the normal range since I started the test (excess test is converted to estrogen). Also my doc just had me start DHEA which can raise test a tiny bit. These things alone can cause some fat loss and reduce water retention. But I will be starting them at the same time as my SD.

What do you guys think? My one and only concern is to keep muscle and not loose any!

From my point of view your body is telling you "it's time for a break".

On the other hand it could be the estrogen causing the disturbance.

I would follow as you suggest, do the 12 days SD, start the therapy and do the cardio, you can't loose that much in 12 days even if you did not do a thing!
laugh.gif

If you are focusing on your 5 and 10 rep maxes, then you are doing your central nervous system a disservice. HST is about muscle tissue gains rather than muscle nerve gains(strength). Spend some time in the 15's. This will also reduce joint pain, since high reps with a lower weight increases lactic acid build up and natural joint lubrication(both are good things).
If I were you, I would take seven days off. Doing cardio as the official HST regimen calls for(brisk hill climbing) for three of those seven days. Then begin the program again starting with 15's!

p.s.-Along with the cardio on your days off, i would stretch and do some basic warm up drills. Focus on getting the blood flowing, and loosening your joints.

If you are focusing on your 5 and 10 rep maxes, then you are doing your central nervous system a disservice. HST is about muscle tissue gains rather than muscle nerve gains(strength). Spend some time in the 15's. This will also reduce joint pain, since high reps with a lower weight increases lactic acid build up and natural joint lubrication(both are good things).
If I were you, I would take seven days off. Doing cardio as the official HST regimen calls for(brisk hill climbing) for three of those seven days. Then begin the program again starting with 15's!

p.s.-Along with the cardio on your days off, i would stretch and do some basic warm up drills. Focus on getting the blood flowing, and loosening your joints.

Thanks..... I guess I am just really scared about loosing any muscle and it is nice to hear some reassurance. I am looking forward to starting this next cycle well rested and with low/normal estrogen levels and high/normal test levels!

HST gains were good with my super low test levels and I can't wait to see what happens now...

Back