Can't do squats (temporarily)

Gaz81

I'm currently on the 3x5 stage of my 1st ever cycle and due to an old ankle injury flaring up i've got to lay off the squats for a few weeks. Should i just substitute them for deadlifts? Any suggestions\advice welcome.
Here is my workout:

Workout 1

Squats
Bent Over Rows
Military Press
Chins
Incline Bench Press

Workout 2

Deadlifts
Bent Over Rows
Curls
Chins
Dips

Very nice workout.
I think that to duplicate muscles used in a squat, you'd need leg extensions, leg curls, and some type of hyper, like a hyper or sldl to hit the low back.
Or just do stepups as Cody said. I wouldn't think farmer's walks or anything that needs that ankle much would suffice for you.
There went your simple workout, huh?
biggrin.gif

I agree with Quad. Seeing it's only short term just do some leg extensions and leg curls.

I would have thought deads would be just as hard (if not harder) on your ankles as squats seeing that most folks go even heavier on deads?

I would drop the rows on deadlift day and do a shoulder exercise instead. Maybe db shoulder press or upright rows (if you can do them; only raise the bar to lower chest level to be safe).

Both Lol and Quad are correct.

Ankle willl suffer from Deads just as much or worst, lay off till you better, follow Quads instructions in the mean time.

Injuries suck, but if you don't nurse them you'll get nowhere.
wink.gif

Afterward, there is a school of thought about putting your feet in line with your pressure. Ask Steve Jones about getting out of line with that! I believe the discussion was in his injury thread.

Back