Cardio during a bulking cycle?

9to5lifter

It seems that a lot of people here choose to do cardio during off (rest) days. Is this the way to go if you are on a bulking cycle or you would be better off not doing anything during rest days(suppose that one follows the standard 3x a week full-body routine)? I have read elsewhere that cardio should be kept to a minimum when trying to bulk up.

Think about it this way, to bulk you must eat more energy than expend, we all know this, if you don't have a problem eating enough then some cardio won't hurt ya during a bulk. If you have trouble already eating enough then I would skip the cardio during a bulk.

I do 1 hour of cardio on my off days or every other day.

I walk at 3.8 to 4.1 MPH at 6-10 degrees elevation straight for one hour only. I watch my heart rate carefully that is why I oscillate on speed and elevation values.

The reason I persist with the cardio is for several reasons.
----First, by the time I finish with my cardio my vascular system has pushed blood into every vein and capillary in my body. I've even got a pump in my whole body upon completion of the cardio.
----Second, I feel a great deal better overall by doing the cardio. I guess it has a lot to do with the continuous breathing and blood circulation.
----Third, I'm in a lot better overall physical condition of fitness than if I were just weight training.
----Fourth, The cardio is aerobic training and the weight training is anerobic. Either is fine, but I'm enjoying both worlds.

My progress growth wise has been exceptional using HST. I am very happy with the results and my fitness level is improving constantly.

Since I'm relatively new you'll have to consider the source
laugh.gif
I've just started my third cycle on HST.

I appreciate everyone's help on these boards and I'm not into refuting posters more knowlegeable than myself. These are my opinions and how I view the cardio as a part of my training.

thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for your replies, I appreciate anyone's help too. If not anything else, they can share their experience with you and that can be only beneficial. I myself feel leaner and in a better overall shape when I do cardio, but I wanted to know if this can hurt your gains. From your replies I collect that a little cardio now and then will do more good than harm (at least for me), so that's what I intend to do. Thanks again.

Basically, what dkm and domineaux said. I personally feel 1 hour is a bit long if you're just looking to bulk, but the key really is the post-WO nutrition and keeping your caloric intake in surplus. It's a really good way to carb load and keep glycogen storage high.

cheers,
Jules

Back