changing from hst to split-training ?

smartin999

hi there,

is it an good idea to make an 6-week-hst cycle, 9-12 days off, doing 6 week an 'classic' split, 9-12 days off, 6 week-hst cycle..........and so on...............

how do you handle this ? are you on 'hst only' or change it from time to time ?

Smartin ;)

IMHO A/B or A, B, OFF, C, OFF repeat (everything hit once directly every 5 days) is about as far as ANY non-assisted lifter will be able to go before cons out weigh pros - leave the 4 & 5 way splits alone they are for genetically elite drug assisted pros.

Full body (IMHO) should work for a LONG time - when recovery begins to noticeably lag behind ability to generate intensity then an A/B of some kind (upper/lower , push/pull) done 3x/wk or every other day continually (for the more robust) can be an improvement and enable one to keep making load "KING"...

MHO of course.
smile.gif

smartin...

You know? YOu can implement HST into split training, its a matter of following principles!

<div>
(Fausto @ May 31 2009,3:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">smartin...

You know? YOu can implement HST into split training, its a matter of following principles!</div>
i do it for 10 years now. many many years only splits, then i have tried hst. then back to split after many cycles hst.

now the question is if this 6 weeks hst, 6 weeks split, 6 way hst, 6 weeks split is a good idea.

i know both, hst and split very good now. but i am not sure if my 'theory' with changing it that way, is a good one or not
smile.gif

Ah , I guess I misunderstood the question you are suggesting CYCLING hst and a classic split,yes?

Cycling HST and a classic (by that I'm assuming 4 or 5 way week long) split would (IMHO) not give the gains that cycling HST and a pure strength program would.

smile.gif

<div>
(RUSS @ May 31 2009,4:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ah , I guess I misunderstood the question you are suggesting CYCLING hst and a classic split,yes?

Cycling HST and a classic (by that I'm assuming 4 or 5 way week long) split would (IMHO) not give the gains that cycling HST and a pure strength program would.

smile.gif
</div>
i don't understand that......so you mean there only should be HST
rock.gif
?? and nothing else ?? i am still not sure if you mean that is good or not good to do it that way. one time you say yes, the other time NO.
smile.gif

IMHO alternating HST and say a 3x3 (Kortes) for instance is what I'm saying. You could use any strength program of your choice - HST is a hypertrophy program not a strength program per se.
smile.gif

And to be clear by alternating I mean complete an HST 6-8 week cycle then switch to a strength routine , complete that then repeat.

<div>
(RUSS @ May 31 2009,4:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">IMHO alternating HST and say a 3x3 (Kortes) for instance is what I'm saying. You could use any strength program of your choice - HST is a hypertrophy program not a strength program per se.
smile.gif

And to be clear by alternating I mean complete an HST 6-8 week cycle then switch to a strength routine , complete that then repeat.</div>
sorry, but still don't understand what you mean with 'pure strenght program'
rock.gif
?

Back