check my routine please

choco

hello, like the thread topic says it:
Please check my routine (its the one i posted already in the thread "let´s show your routine"), would like to hear some advices from you guys ! Thanx

My actuall routine:

Flat Bench Press
Dead-Lift / Squats
Dumbbell-Bent-over-row
Military Press
Chinups
Dips

I make this every other day, so im in the gym 3 or 4 times per week.
((1st week 1 set 15 reps))
2st+3st week 2 sets 10 reps
4st+5st week 3 sets 5 reps
6st+7st week 3 sets 5 reps, (im extending 5s in week 6+7, and some dropsets will maybe included)

then 7-9 days SD

zig zagging is included, first week i start with 70% of my 10rm.
i normally maximaly train 2 days with the same load. this cycle i have lenghten up the 2 weeks with 10 reps to three weeks...

at the end of the workouts im supersetting scullcrushers and biceps curls sometimes.
for the other exercises im suppersetting sometimes and sometimes not.
my training lasts 45minutes to 1h15minutes.

doing 20-30 minutes cardio 2 times per week on offdays also.

Your routine is beautiful...(very similar to mine
biggrin.gif
)
Don't change a thing, just keep hammering at it for awhile and GROW!
I like your idea of doing more than two weeks of 5s, ...more growth.

yes i think the rbe sets in slowly when using heavy weights and low reps... so no worry to extend the 5s and maybe increment not so often i think ... good strength gains are coming too by lenghten up the 5s !!!!

Choco

I am with Sci...that is the simplicity routine, or should we call it effectiveness routine
laugh.gif

Keep at it and get as heavy as you can.

The suppersets for arms is exactly the way to do it, I sometimes use Chin/curl SS and Press/Skulcrusher SS but that is just another variant.

try on your last week to do 1 or 2 sets of 5s with a drop set and up the weight as much as you can.
but that routine looks
cool.gif

some advices for my two exercises form bi and triceps at the end ? till this time im doing 8-10 reps with heavy weights, not so much incrementing here.
maybe next cycle i will get my rm for this exercises and then make it like all other exercises, should work better maybe ?

(when i really thinking about it, maybe there is no need to do this exercises in this way, because i have HEAVY dips and HEAVY underhand gripped chinups, so the extra two arm isolations are good like i already do to get more stretch and a pump?)

have you guys expected a full back developement without barbell rows or another exercise? ONLY WITH CHINUPS ? i dont really feel so, but im thinking of skipping one exercise, because when the weights are heavy my time in the gym gets really taxing and heavy too !!!
rock.gif

I do BB rows and chin-ups, the back muscles have a huge range of motion, and to hit the entire trapezius and lats with their versatile functions, it is good to do both of these motions. The lats have two different functions...rowing the arm back and chinning the arm down, likewise the upper area of trapezius lifts the scapula, while the lower trapezius pulls the scapula together...chins and rows hit everything pretty well...I don't bother with shrugs, personally.

Back