chest exercise

ratty

im just curious as to what chest exercise people would do to look good? at what reason would you give for choosing that exercise?

At the moment i have just started to do slight incline bench, as i would prefer to build my upper chest than anything else....

<div>
(ratty @ Feb. 12 2009,5:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">im just curious as to what chest exercise people would do to look good? at what reason would you give for choosing that exercise?

At the moment i have just started to do slight incline bench, as i would prefer to build my upper chest than anything else....</div>
I would do flat bench for it gives you the most bang for your buck. You can do incline too but i would probably do that in substitute of shoulder presses, and alternate between flat bench with weighted dips.

Try pre-exhausting your delts before taking up your bench press! That will engage your pecs nicely, then use a slowish tempo.

But most bang for the buck, if you can do tehm properly is definitelly the weighted dip, no 2 ways about it!

Complementary exercises likes pull overs, cable cross-overs, flyes and/or peck dekcs can all add to your pecs.

Cool thanks for the reply guys..

ok so if you would do dips/decline bench whats the reason for this? recruit more motor units?

also do you think dips/decline would also build clavicular portion of the chest?

Dips just enables you to lift more weight, 30 Kg + your body weight can be more than you bench! More weight = more motor units recruited.

Decline, well, not as much albeith once you get used to it you may be able to lift more weight than your flat bench.

The chest is one muscle! Dip with chin touching chest!

ok i understand that, more motor units recruited means more muscle fibres stimulated..

so why do flat or incline then?

i was alternating dips and incline for my last cycle which you said was a good plan (fausto)..but from my understanding when i do incline bench i would be recruiting less motor units than my previous workout during dips..is there anything beneficial from alternating like this or is it just for variety? would it be best to just progress the load for dips to increase hypertrophy?

Man...you can benefit from using both, as I previously indicated, what was it like when you mixed the two?

it was good i suppose..

did build my chest evenly just wondered if there is any one exercise which would build the whole chest as their are 2 muscles involved..

pec major and pec minor..

i think it was in an article that bryan wrote he said incline bench does help to build the clavicular portion of the chest..

ratty

You right, and the mixture is good, if you want another good one throw in ez bar pull overs and see what happens, use as a double up after your incline bench and after your dips.

Should give you a good result! I like supersetting!

Back