chins vs lat pulldowns

Nemesis7884

okay i have a problem - during the time i train with 10 reps per set i use lat pulldowns for lat - then when i switch to 5 reps per set i switch to chins because there is not enough weight on the lat pulldown machine to go to failure - the problem is now

if i take a certain weight with the lat pulldown machine e.g. 140 lbs how much is that when doing chins? i thought i could calculate it 1:1 - therefore my bodyweight replcaces the weight on the lat machine

therefore when i use 140 lbs with the machine

my bodyweight of 180 lbs should be harder to cope with when doing chins...but unfortunatly it is way easier to do x chins with my body weight then x pull downs with the 140 lbs....

i want to know now a certain way how to calculate the switch therefore 140 lbs lat pull down = body weight + X at chins.... think its somewhat around 15 lbs...but want to know it exactly if possible

instaed of worrying about the conversion, just find your maxes with chins, i.e. how much weight you need to tie to your waist or hold with yoru feet to only do 5 reps. Then go from there. There is no real conversion b/c they are different exercises with different stabilizers and such. what works for me may not work for you.

well thats fine for the next cycle - but right now i am in the middle of the battlefield...so i will just try something for now therefore

Back