Chinups Question

randomweights

I did a search through the archives, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.
Assuming I can do a max of 15 reps using my bodyweight only for chinups, how would I set up my plan for the 15s?
Would I start off at about 9 reps (60% of my max) and add a rep every day until I am back at 15 for my final workout?
I don't really want to do lat pulldowns and would like to concentrate on chins if I can help it.
Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (randomweights @ July 08 2005,8:26)]I did a search through the archives, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.
Assuming I can do a max of 15 reps using my bodyweight only for chinups, how would I set up my plan for the 15s?
Would I start off at about 9 reps (60% of my max) and add a rep every day until I am back at 15 for my final workout?
I don't really want to do lat pulldowns and would like to concentrate on chins if I can help it.
Thanks.
I think you have a couple of options:

1. You can just do 15 reps each workout with bodyweight for the entire 15's.

or

2. You can start to add weight and use some type of step or spotter for assistance when you can't do anymore on your own steam. I think either way is fine and when you get to the 10's you will be able to add a little bit of weight each time.

Good luck.

Mike

I'd go with option 1. The 15s are about preparing your joints and connetive tissue for heavier weights. You're not likely to get any hypertrophy from them before the last 2 or 3 workouts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Captain Crunch @ July 08 2005,9:15)]I think you have a couple of options:
1. You can just do 15 reps each workout with bodyweight for the entire 15's.
Hi,thanks for the advice.

WOuldn't doing 15 reps every workout though mean going to (or close to) failure even during the "submaximal" workouts. Isn't this a no no?

I thought the idea of finding your maxes was to start off light and work up to one's max?

So do 12 or 13...........remember the first phase is for joints primarily.........either that or bite the bullet and do some lower weight lat pulldowns (wide, close or palms facing grip)

Back