Choice of exercices OK?

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_daxie
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_daxie

Planning to do a first time HST cycle in July (currently cutting for a foto shoot the end of June, so will begin after that)...

Exercises/number of sets would be:

new.jpg

Three times a week mondays/wednesdays/fridays, 15s/10s/5s then negs for 1 week

One question bout the negatives...
What weight should I use, how much reps? Do I have to increase the weight every workout as with the other mesocycles? Or keep the weight constant this time?

Thnx!

Wouter

With negs, I have done as much as 100 lbs. more than I can do for 5's. If it's your first time using them, then start with a weight about equal to your 1RM, then add about 10 lbs each workout. Being you are doing negs for one week, this should be fine. Remember, being there is no transfer in strength from eccentrics to concentrics, you will want to do a few reps with your 5RM before you start negs. This will help maintain concentric strength as well as serve as a bit of a warm-up.

Been doing negs for quite time, mostly in custom hit-schemes.

So I should also build them up from training 1 to 3?

And how much negs? Also 5? Or less/more? Most amount i used in my previous schemes was 6, which I consider a tad too taxing.

daxy

When I am able to do them, I do 2-3 sets at most. I try to lower the weight for close to 10 seconds, which is very taxing, so about 2-3 sets is all I can muster.

10 seconds? I remember reading somewhere on this site that doing them for that long would make them similar to isometric contractions, which aren't as good for muscle building?
This is put into very lay terms, since I can't remember the exact wording.
What's your take on that?

I have currently adjusted them to 8s...

(But mostly my seconds count pretty fast :-p, so it will be between 6-8s)

So what about the choice and order of exercises and amount of sets, does it seem reasonable to all of you?

daxy

Back