Clustering question

wwewrestlingguy

The whole concept of clustering confuses me a bit.... at the end of my cycle, say I wanna hit four reps... would it be as effective to get a weight 2 times, then rest 15-20 seconds, and then do it 2 more times once I get in the post 5 area? To me 2 reps at a time wouldn't seem as good for growth, but with the idea of clustering that's how it could work right? Somebody elaborate on this for me please...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wwewrestlingguy @ Aug. 20 2005,4:52)]The whole concept of clustering confuses me a bit.... at the end of my cycle, say I wanna hit four reps... would it be as effective to get a weight 2 times, then rest 15-20 seconds, and then do it 2 more times once I get in the post 5 area?  To me 2 reps at a time wouldn't seem as good for growth, but with the idea of clustering that's how it could work right?  Somebody elaborate on this for me please...
You still have to account for time under tension. Clustering means choosing an overall volume target to hit for each exercise, like 20 total for the whole cycle. A clustering set might look like this at the end of an HST cycle: 5,5,4,3,3, where the numbers are how many reps you do to hit twenty reps total. Going above your 5 rep max though isn't really necessary. The idea is to just keep volume constant over the cycle.

Back