Comments on my routine?

CJ07

About to start 5's. Any comments on the exercises I have chosen?

ATG Squats 2 sets
Incline DB Press 2 sets
Leg Curls 2 sets
BB Rows 2 sets
Dips 1 set
Chins 1 set
Upright Rows 1 set
DB Arnold Presses 2 sets
Bicep curls 2 sets
Tri Extensions 1 set
BB Wrist Curls 2 sets
Abs 2 sets

Too much? Not enough? Missing something?

Thanks.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Too much?</div>

Yes, cut out the tricep extensions, bicep curls, leg curls, and wrist curls. Why waste your time focusing on secondary isolation exercises when the real results come from the core compound movements.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Missing something?</div>

You could use deadlifts. You will not need to do leg curls or wrist curls with deadlifts. Deadlifts work out your entire body for the most part - hamstrings, lower back, arms, shoulders, forearms... Depending on your age and how conditioned you are, you could do deadlifts and squats on the same day. If you were going to do that, I would recommend alternating them once you hit the 5's. Bottom line - add in deadlifts. After that, you could consider taking out the rows and putting more emphasis on the chins - doing close grip and wide grip. The close grip chins will pound your biceps along with your upper back and abs.

<div>
(dr_janitor @ Feb. 21 2007,15:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">What are ATG squats?</div>
Ass-to-ground

Back