Comming back from a long injury.

Jonny

Right heres the story. I have been out for about a year, and finally can start lifting again. Unfortunatly my gym membership has ran out and ive moved house, so im just going to be working out from home.

Im planning on doing the AM/PM split on Mon/Wed/Fri. With cardio sessions on Tue/Thu.

I was trained by Mike Mentzer, and used the Heavy Duty method for numerous years. Back then I was only lifting for around 20mins a week and yeah i was making good gains, but at the end of the day I lift weights because I enjoy it. Helps get rid of stress etc etc.

Im planning on only using dumbbells, apart from Deadlifts, and working each muscle seperatly. For example working my right shoulder, and then my left. Ive found that this lets me do negatives, plus it gives me more control and puts more strain on the muscle. Im also going to be using the 4 sec positive, 2 sec static and 4 second positve speeds on all reps.

Heres my workout. I no its a bit much, but its been so long i just cant help myself:

AM

Squats - 2sets
Rows - 2sets
Bench press - 2sets
Side Laterals
Tricep Extensions
Shrugs
Side Bends
Weighted Leg Raises

PM

Deadlifts - 2sets
Shoulder Press - 2sets
Calf Raises - 2sets
Front Laterals
Rear Laterals
Weighted Sit-ups
Pullovers
Bicep Curls

Thats the basics. Havent got round to proper exercise selection or anything yet really. Starting again this monday.

Hi Johnny,

Do you need help with anything here or did I miss something?
rock.gif

Back