Confused about 2 sample plans from Mainsite

Valmont

hi everybody,

i'am new to this board and to HST.

i wanna start my first "normal" (no cluster) hst-cycle in two weeks and my plan seems to be finished.

but there is one BIG question....

in the training section of the hst-main site are two methods of a plan. i use "bench" and "dips for the example.

the first plan (a relation to a normal 3 day split) says to train the bench AND the dips EVERY session a week (not onesided ?).

the second plan (a example for a two weeks plan) says to
do the bench/monday - dips/wednesday - bench/friday (a kind of a "a/b" split).

at the moment i'm extremely confused
rock.gif
and hope that someone can help me. what plan is the "best" for a newbie.

thanks for your help guys !

Valmont

I personally prefer the A/B split. Less exercises per workout, gives me less wait time for things at the gym (although I go early in the morning so it usually doesn't matter) and also less things to have to focus on/warm up for. Plus, I like going ALL OUT on each of my exercises, and that would be hard to do if let's say, I did dips, wore my chest out a bit, then tried moving over to bench.

But as for what's better? I'd think it all comes down to personal preference. The more often you do an exercise, the slower the progression you can make for the load... which also goes toward personal preference.

Sorry that doesn't really answer your question, but maybe gives you some things to consider when deciding for yourself.

The first routine is meant to illustrate how someone doing a typical split could switch to HST easily. You should probably go for the second routine, as it outlines a more rational (imo) HST cycle for a newbie.

Back