Critique my new HST Routine !

choco

Hello colleagues !

I have 11 weeks of Bill Stars Intermediate 5x5 behind me.
The Program looked like in this link:
LINK
Extra exercise that i had included was chinups with underhand grip on wednesday.

NOW I was 6 days without lifting because I was ill and I want to change back to begin another HST cycle (...have done some hst cycles before, maybe someone knows me still
biggrin.gif
...)

Here are my questions:

I want to start with 80% of my 5 rep maxes !
I will begin with 2x10 reps and go down to 3x5 reps and after that i will using the same load in some training days because the rbe sets not in so fast at higher weights. after that when i go higher with the load and i cant reach the 3x5 sets anymore i will cluster.

Any complaints about this ?
I think the 80% with 2x10 should be equal to my 5rm last weights used from the bill stars 5x5.

Here is the Routine I want to do:
Squat/Deadlift (alternating)
Bench Press
chinups underhand grip shoulderwite
Dumbbell rows
standing Military Press
Scullcrushers
curls

I have done the first workout today and I must say that I`m feeling not fresh to do rows after the chinups. And my other opinion is that after the chinups I don`t must do the bicepscurls... That is my opinion about the Program, so:

What do you guys think?
(I can´t do dips because i have no dip machine
sad.gif
)
Should i add an exercise ?
Should i do chinups AND rows ?

What I must say is that I`m on Testosterone(400mg week) since week4 of the Bill Star 5x5 Program.
My main goal is to add more musclemass.
And my weakest bodypart is my chest.

Have a nice day
choco !
ghostface.gif

Looks pretty good.
alot of the veterans suggest cutting back on the isolations and concentrating on the compound movements. I have found this advice to be important especially when you are pushing/pulling the 5's.

Goodluck!

okay here is the main part one more time:

Here is the Routine I want to do:
Squat/Deadlift (alternating)
Bench Press
chinups underhand grip shoulderwite
Dumbbell rows
standing Military Press
Scullcrushers
curls

I have done the first workout today and I must say that I`m feeling not fresh to do rows after the chinups. And my other opinion is that after the chinups I don`t must do the bicepscurls... That is my opinion about the Program, so:

What do you guys think?
(I can´t do dips because i have no dip machine
sad.gif
)
Should i add an exercise ?
Should i do chinups AND rows ?

Dips are heavy duty and most guys alternate bench and dips. If you have the stamina to do both bench and dips in one workout, you probably will have nothing left for military press.
For what its worth I think most guys do TOO MANY pressing movements. Doing bench, dips, shoulder press and skullcrushers in one workout would wipe me out. lately all I do is bench press and my strength and size is climbing rapidly! I haven't done dips, overhead press or any tricep work for awhile and yet my chest, front delts and triceps are stronger and thicker than ever! (pics are coming soon, I want to finish cutting first.) Also my bench press numbers have skyrocketed with my specialization. I went from 185 for 3x6 to 215 for 3x6 in only a few weeks! A 30 pound jump and I am training 'natural' at the moment.
cool.gif

Back