Critique my workout

Franko

Please give any comment or suggestions.

If you notice anything that seems to be lagging please comment and give any suggestions on good exercises to bring those parts up.

I only started SLDL two cycles ago so I know that should be higher and I'm struggling to get that up to where it should be.

Thanks for your advice.

Welocome Franko

Looks fine to me.

SLDL - I would not worry too much, unless it is not helping at all.

It is also a pretty simple program and generally speaking those are the most productive workouts!

How many cycles have you done and have you progressed?

How often do you train? 8 days for each period, do you train 3 times / week or something else?
Why are the chins going down in the beginning (15s), or is that assisted weight?
and... that is in pounds right?  
smile.gif

w00t, my hundredth post
tounge.gif

I've been doing HST for about a year now this my 6th cycle. I've gained about 15 pounds. Its difficult to measure my progress because I've changed the program up a lot since the beginning.

I started off using a lot of machines and assissted things. Like Smith Squats for example. Slowly, I switched to a much simpler program that revolves around compounds.

I continue to have trouble eating enough to maximize my gains. Although, I guess I should be happy that most of my gains have been muscle. (I think at least) Really haven't been measuring body fat other than with a cheap body fat scale. According to that my body fat has gone up about 3 or 4% during the 15 lbs gained.

I have an 8 day progression because last time i started at 80% of my max and that was too high I think so I added an extra day at the beginning of each cycle that is 70% of my max.

Sniggel, my weights go down their because of an assissted pull up machine.

Anything that seems out of balance?

I'm 6'2", 215.

I still don't see a problem, stay on a simple program and go as heavy as you can within the progression scheme.

Play around with volume if things get too tough.

Eating enough is easier if you stick to calory dense foods when you do eat and eat at least 6 times p/day.

There is a fairly ok guideline right here in the articles section which should help.

the lifting guidelines I use are:

15's - up to 70% of 1 RM
10's - up to 80% of 1 RM
5's - up to 90% of 1 RM
neg - up to 110 - 120% of 1 RM.

Others use 70% of each RM (15/10 and 5)

Back