day of rest

kyleman1

Am I alone, or is a day of rest just not enough? I've been taking 2 days of rest, and never anything over that. To make up for the extended rest period, i usually add a set or 2 more onto every body part. Works for me? What do you guys think? 2 days or 1 day of rest?

not a expert yet but from what i have read people believe that working out 5 or 6 days a week is the best

That is the general belief from most of the experts here... but i would be afraid of the overtraining too... i think doing just one or 2 sets per body part puts your body into a muscle building and doing it everyday keeps your body at a steady buidling pace.

Atleast that is what this HST is based on. Did you read the program on the main page? If not you should check it out... it explains the pholosphy

Why do you feel the need for an extra day of rest? Are you just sore? Or do you have significant strength loss? You can exercise a sore muscle. But if you are fatiguing your CNS, then maybe you need to look into doing lower volume, fewer exercises or adjusting your diet.

Back