Day one

tdkb

Today was my first HST workout. I am coming off of a 3 month long 6 days a week workout program that is in the Arnold book. On that program I lost 25 pounds and went from 32% BF to 20% BF. I am hoping to lose about about 15 pounds and around 5-8% BF.
My workout consists of:

MWF

Deadlift
Incline Bench
Wide Pullup
Dips
Bent over rows
Close pullup
Overhead Press

I will be doing Abs and cardio on off days

And light cardio M-F 4 hours after lifting.

Any input would be great.

I would drop one of the pullups and add in squats. They are just too good to miss out unless you have an injury you are trying to work around. If you want to do wide grip and narrow grip pull-ups just alternate each session. Also try under-hand grip chins. They are great for your lats and make your bis work really hard too.

If you find squats and deads too much in the same session you could alternate them too. Try doing squats first and deads at the end.

Also 5-8% body fat is very low. 10% would be a good goal and you will look good at that level. If you get there and still want to go further that's cool too.

All the best.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you find squats and deads too much in the same session you could alternate them too. Try doing squats first and deads at the end.</div>

Good advice LOL! Most of us can't take both on the same day!

To add on I think you can do without the light cardio on training days, rather lift heavy once you on 5's and do some aggressive cardio on of days!

Happy HSTying! And...welcome!
cool.gif

I must be a maniac for doing both SLDL's and Squats in the AM, then both again in the PM... although I have to do the deadlifts before the squats.

that makes 2 maniac then..... I find squats and deadlift good, first thing after warm up, it sets the tone for the rest of the workout... which... stumbling all over the gym for the rest of the session
biggrin.gif
, he he he..... I like focusing on my lower body.... and then my upper body on different days.... and then on different days my abs... otherwise I tend to give more relevance to what we are used to (bench press, curls, etc.)

Back