Dialing Challenges In To Hst.

jcb67

Hi everyone
I'm just about to finish my 3rd cycle of HST then I'll take a break for about 3 weeks.

I have been wanting to do a few challenges for a while now one being t-Nations 500 reps in 11 minutes (bench) which is basically using the bar only for 500 reps with no rest, ten you go to the rest of your program.
And second is the 1 day arm cure (I know it probably wont work but I gotta see for myself).

If I was to do 1 or 2 of these challenges, at what stage would I do them, at the beginning or the end of the cycle or both, ie 500 x11 min at the start and 1 day arm cure end ?

Or would it mess with the cycle, your opinions and experience in this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The one day arm cure is a load of crap. Haven't tried the other but 99% of what T Nation publishes is just hype and not worthy of wasting time even reading. Too bad, years ago it had some decent advice.

Last edited:
Agreed T-Nation is all hype and no substance these days. That being said screwing around is great and can have a good effect on you cycle (assuming you don't hurt yourself) because it is psychologically refreshing and sometimes the added stimulus can be great. I do most of my "challenges" on Fridays when some of my friends are at the gym and we feel like screwing around. If you're still sore by Monday do a deload and then get back to the grind in your next workout.

Personally I haven't found you can screw up your cycle unless you hurt yourself, cannot recover or you go too long without a sufficient training stimulus.

Back