Did I miss anything?

Techo

Hi all,

After going well over a year without bulking or HST, I'm finally restarting an HST cycle. I am curious if there have been any new developments in the past one to three years. Since HST pays attention to current research, I would not be shocked if something has changed.

For example, I thought I recently read (but maybe misunderstood) in another thread that eccentrics are not as important as previously thought to be -- that lifting fast was just as beneficial as lifting at a slower tempo. Is this correct? And if so, Are negatives and drop sets still a good idea to tack on the end of the 5s?

I'll have to do some more reading on the pod fitness program as that also seems like a new development.

Great to be back and look forward to hearing from any of you!

As far as I know about HST, eccentrics serve to prolong load progression past 5RM. As for lifting fast, I think it serves its own purpose as well. But within the context of HST, I think load progression is king to all other aspects.

Techo

Welcome back!

HST stands as is, developments as such not that I am aware of, eccentrics and drops sets are still stuff that builds well.

Although there is always new research, (not that I am any "fundi"
at it), I doubt it whether HST itself would change as the principles are pretty solid!
cool.gif

Back