different number of sets

Owndawg

I kopied this from the Important topic section, and I`m just curious to who uses the different methods, and it would be fine with some inputs on why you are using that particular method.
cool.gif

Keeping same no of sets (eg 2 sets in 15s, 10s and 5s)

Building up the no of sets (eg 1 set in 15s, 2 in 10s and 3 in 5s)

Adjusting mid-cycle (eg 2 sets first week, 1 set in second week)

clustering to no of sets

other

Two sets of 15's one cycle, no 15's the next.
Two sets of tens
Three sets of fives.

I may do one week of 15's if I feel like my old bod needs it instead of skipping them.
They're not really for hypertrophy anyway, but preparation as I understand it. My joints need them. (insert grandpa smiley here)

Haha quad you're funny man. You're kicking some serious ass for an old timer
tounge.gif

I keep reps the same, 15, so if I were to start a cycle now I would do 1x15 (up to 15RM), 2x8 (up to 10RM), 3x5 (up to 5RM),5x3 (zigzagging into higher weights), max-stim (approaching 2RM), negs (from 2RM), all 2 weeks each for a 12 week cycle.

So the closest one to that would be clustering reps, which I don't really do cause I plan ahead what rep/sets I'll be able to do for the weight I'm going to lift.

<div>
(Owndawg @ Oct. 11 2006,17:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I kopied this from the Important topic section, and I`m just curious to who uses the different methods, and it would be fine with some inputs on why you are using that particular method.
cool.gif

Keeping same no of sets (eg 2 sets in 15s, 10s and 5s)

Building up the no of sets (eg 1 set in 15s, 2 in 10s and 3 in 5s)

Adjusting mid-cycle (eg 2 sets first week, 1 set in second week)

clustering to no of sets

other</div>
its a personal thing ..what suits you..give them all a go and see what you like
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

These days (and for a long time now) I prefer working up to a predefined rep count. I just set a target number of reps, increasing the load over time, and I do whatever number of sets is required to get there. So, it seems like clustering, but, like Peak, I usually know how many reps per set I can do and consequently how many sets will be needed.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Back