my rep increments are all like

5 rep max, 17.5
10 rep max 25
20 20 22.5 22.5 25 25

or
5 rep max 27.5
10 rep max 40
30 32.5 35 37.5 40 40

im going into 10s now, and my 15 and 10 rep max differences isnt large enough to have continually heavier weights.

is it ok like this? any ways to tweak it a little?

thats fine...for me when I have the same weight 2 days in a row..I either do an extra set..or just a couple more reps on the 2nd day of the same weight.

You mean 15 rep max, not 5 rep max? funny if your 10RM was heavier than your 5RM heheh

When you're not that strong that there's a big overlap between your weights, every weight you're going to be lifting will induce hypertrophy. Whether you repeat weights in a minicycle to avoid zigzag, or put the same weights are in each minicycle, it doesn't really matter. You'll probably end up lifting each weight 4 times each over the whole cycle, which is fine, as long as your progressiving up to your 5RM and beyond you'll grow over the cycle.

frivolous I wouldn't recommend doing extra volume, the idea is to expose the muscle to load, ideally with a constant volume over the whole cycle. Doing extra sets/reps will just fatigue the CNS, and probably won't give you any extra noticable growth.

Yeah how you have it is fine. As I said, because your RMs (strength) ain't that high, every weight you'll be lifting in your cycle (even the 17.5s) will induce hypertrophy for your body for a few weeks.

Back