Does my workout look good?

squats at the beginning not at the end !!!!!!!!

how much sets are you doing for each week
rock.gif

Not a bad program. A couple of questions:

1. What happens to the pulldowns when you hit 5 reps?

2. Can you substitute chin or pull ups for the pull downs?

I too like to do legs last. They take a lot out of me and if I do them first then the rest of my workout is not as good. I agree, however, that if you are stressing legs, they should be done first.

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Jun. 03 2006,16:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Not a bad program. A couple of questions:

1. What happens to the pulldowns when you hit 5 reps?

2. Can you substitute chin or pull ups for the pull downs?

I too like to do legs last. They take a lot out of me and if I do them first then the rest of my workout is not as good. I agree, however, that if you are stressing legs, they should be done first.</div>
my pull downs i forgot to add them in..so i replied and its in my next post..... i like to get my upper body done first..just something i like to do lol....does it look like i have to much zig zagging ?

If you feel the zig zagging makes your starting weight too light, slow down your tempo to increase the total time under tension. You can also start with a higher weight and repeat some weights. I prefer the first method.

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Jun. 03 2006,18:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you feel the zig zagging makes your starting weight too light, slow down your tempo to increase the total time under tension. You can also start with a higher weight and repeat some weights. I prefer the first method.</div>
but overall it looks like i'm ready to go? btw lol my brother dared me to do a couple 1 handed push ups do you think that messed me up? i got back to the gym monday

I wouldn't worry about zigzagging.

I agree with the others as to putting the leg exercises such as squats in the beginning.

One handed pushups shouldn't mess you up, but there's no need to continue to do them when you are doing exercises like Bench Press using HST principals.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jun. 03 2006,19:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I wouldn't worry about zigzagging.

I agree with the others as to putting the leg exercises such as squats in the beginning.

One handed pushups shouldn't mess you up, but there's no need to continue to do them when you are doing exercises like Bench Press using HST principals.</div>
alright i think i'll just move the leg exercises up first and do those....those 1 handed push ups i just did like 5 of them and that was like 30min ago...do you think that messed with my SD at all?

hey old and grey
your name says to me that i should not say anything against you
smile.gif
but my intention was the following:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I too like to do legs last. They take a lot out of me and if I do them first then the rest of my workout is not as good. I agree, however, that if you are stressing legs, they should be done first. </div>

this opinion is ok, man i myself when i make my routine the leg part gets me &quot;finished&quot; (not far away from puke)....
biggrin.gif

but heavy squats at the end of a full body workout are a &quot;no go&quot; &quot;never do this&quot; for me !
Because your stabilizer muscles are not fresh enough to do the heavy squats clean ! too much injury risk .... but thats only my 2 cents
smile.gif

[i make squats and dead-lift in every single trainingday, i think alternating maybe would be better, but as you can imageing i WANT to do this and to this point its working good with not much problems so im making it anyways...]

so everyone should test it for yourself if they wanna do it at the end or at the beginning, like &quot;try and error&quot;.

Although I'm entering this a bit late in the day thought I'd offer my 2 cents
smile.gif

I agree about doing the heavy stuff earlier (I always hit legs with squats and deads right off the bat. Once they are done it's all downhill and I'm pretty well warmed up all-over).

Starting weights for 15s all look pretty good except for db presses. I'd go with 40,40,45,45,50,50. At 25lbs you are using only 30% of your final weight for your 5RM when all the rest of your exercises are closer to 50-60% (much better). This is a standard issue if you are trying to increment each w/o using dumbells. In this case, don't worry so much about the progression every w/o. Starting with the 25lbers will probably feel like you aren't actually doing anything even if you do a hundred reps!
biggrin.gif

Of course, if your gym has dbs in increments of 2.5lbs then use them but most do not.

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Jun. 04 2006,20:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Looks solid.

I didn't notice any dips in there?</div>
ya i decided to go with close grip bench

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jun. 04 2006,23:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you have the ability to do them, then do dips instead of CG Bench.

Trust us.</div>
ya i can do them but today was my 9 day of SD and i was planning on going back tommorrow...if i decide to do dips i wouldnt know where to start off. do you think i should just guess?

also if your worried about zigzaging you can do this as lol suggested on everything.

p0fellow

Looks OK, like the others say:

Dips are important to have, and don't worry too much, you can use both Dips and Bench just alternate them. Go back and see how much you can dip, for 15's you can easily do BodyWeight, as long as you do it strictly, many guys can't even do it without the assust machine.
biggrin.gif

Another thing is to do your big leg exercises first, this can vary as you see wioth O &amp; G (mmater of preference) but as Choco said, I too am &quot;pooped&quot; by the end of the routine to still do squats (at this time I am doing curls/triceps and abs to go back inside - yah my gym is @ home)
laugh.gif

One thing that somhow worried me slightly: your ratio bench to curl is not quite balanced (bench - 195/curl - 100) if you can curl this much you should be able to bench in the 250 - 300 region for 5's.

This kinda tells me you have to strength the tricep are well, so dips + skull crushers are in order.

This is my opinion, what do the other experts say?
rock.gif

Back