DOMS after SD

quadancer

I did 14 days SD, and one workout with 15's so far and was supposed to work out today, but am extremely sore in the adductors from the squats and tired from a heavy work day hauling construction trash. I'll work out tomorrow but wonder if I should lower the weight in the squat and a couple other exersizes that, despite the lower weight starting the 2nd cycle, hit FAILURE.
   I can't believe how weak I got in 2 weeks~ but don't care as long as I grow. I just don't know if I should lower weight or stay at the failure and/or DOMS level until I can move up. (I didn't hit failure in the squats - they just hit me hard. Dang hard!)
I started all weights at 5 lbs. higher for small muscles and 10 higher for legs back and chest.

if the weight you are using for your squat is lower than your 15RM I don't think you should lower the weight, you will get your strength back after a couple of workout.... I believe it is a very good sign that you are soring like hell.... good deconditioning phase

Yeah

Nothing wrong with that stay put and it'll go away.

Have a good warmup for the next session. You'll soon forget the pain!

After a good SD I usually feel VERY weak. However, after a few workouts I seem to regain my strength. I think this is your case, too.

After a good SD I usually feel VERY weak. However, after a few workouts I seem to regain my strength. I think this is your case, too.

Back