drop set

Anything that increases the oxidation of the muscle cell. IE High rep sets.

Hello faz  :)

I believe that's doing a set of 15's after you do your regular rep max for the really heavy low rep loads just to be sure we maximize the stimulation of the muscles for that workout. (Or like what Dan the man said, increase the oxidation of the muscle cells; he's right of course)

Ex: Right after I finish doing 5 reps for my 5RM of 180, I do 15 reps with a weight in my 15RM category, say 90 or 100.
Hope that helps.  :)
-JV

cheers dan and jv i was thinking of doing a metabolic set 3rd week of 5s, and drop set 4th week of 5s..now i know how to encorparate them properly.

Hey Faz :)

Whoa, you gave me too much credit there. I think it's sacrilege to mention my lowly name besides He Who Answers All Our Questions With Scientific Accuracy, Dan.
worship.gif

Anyhoo, good luck with your workout. And btw, you're 47?! I think you told me that in one thread, but I wasn't able to reply back, so I'll just mention it here in your thread. 47?

-JV

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jvroig @ July 27 2005,12:35)]Hey Faz :)
Whoa, you gave me too much credit there. I think it's sacrilege to mention my lowly name besides He Who Answers All Our Questions With Scientific Accuracy, Dan.  
worship.gif

Anyhoo, good luck with your workout. And btw, you're 47?! I think you told me that in one thread, but I wasn't able to reply back, so I'll just mention it here in your thread. 47?
-JV
jv dont know what btw means..agree about dan
worship.gif
jumped in and helped me on a uk site..some top british bbrs couldnt argue with him. :D

Oh, give me a break......
sneaky2.gif

I am just a lowly tadpole in this great pond. Just like everyone else I just wish to grow up and be a frog, they have all the fun. Torturous electrodes implanted, skinned fibers, Electrically stimulated contractions, and get all the good drugs. Then again.... I say SAVE A FROG MUTILATE A MOUSE :mad:

Hey faz,

btw means "by the way". hehehe. So I just meant, "hey, by the way, you are 47? ..."

It's always the case that when it comes to arguments with words, it is of course the one with real knowledge who'd win. So no surprise few could argue with dan - have you seen his site? If you haven't already, you have to check it out to learn even more! (And by the way, I was in no way, shape or form hired or paid for by Dan to promote his site
laugh.gif
)

Is there eve a difference between a drop set and a metabolic set? They accomplish the same thing, don't they?

I do all my metabolic sets after the 5s routine.

No difference. Where some tend to get confused is the term SET, meaning they should stop at a given point or when hitting a number of reps. This isn't what it's all about. A high rep set and drop sets are for metabolic signals and enzyme flux in the tissue. The easiest way, is to when doing drops, is drop the weight and then REP OUT until the burn makes you stop. This can be done easily in one set of 7 or 8 reps, if you dropped the right amount of weight, drop too much and it will take forever, not enough you wont be increasing the oxidative activity. A high rep is exactly the same, a rep out set, the only difference is when doing drops, unless using a selectorized machine, they can be tricky and either you or your partner has to strip the weight very quickly. WHereas with a rep out set with a predetermined weight the time between your last work set and the rep out set isn't as critical.

Back