Elbow Pain????

mike66

I am really having elbow problems, but only with curls of any kind. The inside of both elbows hurts when you do a curl motion or like your picking up your baby. Any suggestions and what to do about biceps? Thanks for any info.
Mike

You could try dropping arm iso's if you are doing other pulling exercises. I only do light pumping arm iso's in the 5's and my arms have grown because of it.
Check the thread here on arm isolations.
J
smile.gif

That is medial epicondilitis, more than likely. (golfer's elbow) HST training has allowed mine to cure itself due to the submax lifting. Also, try not to grip anything you don't have to, and that will put less tension on the tendons at the attachment point of the elbows. Avoid full extensions when curling; shorten the ROM, but you can contract all the way regardless.

Hmmm, interesting coincidence. I've been getting similar pain with extensions when I do skullcrushers, in the same place as described...but only after the 5th rep. I'm starting the 5's today so I'm not concerened at this point - just taking time off from crushers and doing pushdowns next training cycle - with less weight.

I'll be starting my glucosamine again too. When my shoulders or elbows hurt - 2 weeks on glucosamine, and it all gets better for months. I've felt so good since starting HST I've forgotten to take it for the last 3 months.

Now THAT'S interesting too! I've quit taking glutamine since HST doesn't give you DOMs and recovery is great compared to failure training.

Back