Every 2 days versus 3 times a week?

Zguy52

Hello all,
I just found this website last week and I'm really impressed. I trying to gather as much info as possible. One thing I have not seen discussed, would there be any benefit to working out every two days versus 3 times a week? For a 8 week cycle you would get in 4 extra workouts. According to the plan documents this would not hamper growth and give you 16% more stimulus in the same amount of time.

Research indicates that protein synthesis is complete within 48 hours of lifting so in theory it should give you that extra 16%. But mentally it's nice not to think about lifting on the weekends. Therefore, I usually lift on M,W,F. If I miss a day for some reason, I can always make it up on the weekend.

I actually prefer 4 days a week if you have the time.

I am currently doing it..but I am doing it as a hybrid HST.

Meaning I am keeping frequency and load a priority as well as SD...but I am not using the same rep ranges in two week blocks.

I personally like working out on the weekends, so what I do is Monday Wednesday Saturday...and a light weight high rep Sunday...sometimes a circuit if I want fat loss. I look at it as a bonus day and I throw in the high reps for increased blood flow to the muscles.

When I do this I dont lift until Tuesday!

I do this using my 24-36 rep principal. Keeping volume constant majority of the time.

For example Saturday might be 4 sets of 6 reps with 8 rep max and then sunday will be 2 sets of 12 reps with 14 rep max...eithe way its 24 reps.

I actually prefer 4 days a week if you have the time.

I am currently doing it..but I am doing it as a hybrid HST.

Meaning I am keeping frequency and load a priority as well as SD...but I am not using the same rep ranges in two week blocks.

I personally like working out on the weekends, so what I do is Monday Wednesday Saturday...and a light weight high rep Sunday...sometimes a circuit if I want fat loss. I look at it as a bonus day and I throw in the high reps for increased blood flow to the muscles.

When I do this I dont lift until Tuesday!

I do this using my 24-36 rep principal. Keeping volume constant majority of the time.

For example Saturday might be 4 sets of 6 reps with 8 rep max and then sunday will be 2 sets of 12 reps with 14 rep max...eithe way its 24 reps.

Back