Exercise in Opposition

wisslewj

"Rule #5: Exercise In Opposition

Steve believed in pairing opposing muscle groups in order to ensure balanced development, tremendous pumps, and workout efficiency. In other words, instead of doing three sets of the bench press and then moving on to the bent-over row, do the exercises back-to-back"

Anyone try this? Does this help gain mass and strength any better? Sounds interesting. Would love to hear from experience.

Jeff

Jeff

It works yeah...but I cannot say it works better than anything else...its simply a great way to train and save time.

Unfortunatelly good ol'Steve wasn't imune to B.S. himself
laugh.gif
, if that is what he's convinced you of...I even doubt any of the guys here would try to prove it!
wink.gif

Super setting and bouncing between one exercise and another is helpful, but not for hypertrophy reasons. You simply have more rest for your chest if you were alternating the sets with rows or whatever. The super setting then speeds up the workout as Fausto said.

IMO it doesn't help any in terms of increased hypertrophy.

But it does help to save time!

I always superset arms to cut down on the time of a workout!

Saves time, yes, but increases overall intensity due to less rest. Overwork the intensity and you can wind up with less workload performed...and workload is still king. But if you can handle it then it's up to you.

lol..I was all set to do them to save time but Quad your point is a good one.

Seems it would be wiser to take even a small break if it will allow better intensity and better lifts.

Thanks guys
Jeff

Back