B

Leg press
Bench press
Pull-up
OHBP
One-arm dunbell rows

No squats or deads, I have lower back injury in the past

Thank's

Is there any way to convince you to do the deadlift? The reason I'm asking is I'm also wondering how you manage to pick up objects from the ground.

My gym dont have a power rack, but I can do deads.
This is the situation:2 herniated discs on lower-back, 5 years ago, had pain on foot and calves from nerve pressure.
Now, I dont fell nothing!!
I am working on posture(done overhead barbell squat whit a PVC to learn how to keep the lower back arched, etc).Maybe now I am ready to comeback.
So, I will start whit the deadlift.
How to put it at my routine?First?at the end?How to group the exercises?

Thank's

The video here demonstrates the most technically correct squat that I know of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpA47OUohpM

And the best way I find to describe the deadlift is that it starts just like the squat in that video but with the bar on the ground and the arms extended to grab the bar. Note in the video how he pushes his butt out before he begins to lower the weight. The deadlift begins the same way as we squat to grab the bar.

If you must learn the correct technique, then do so with a lighter weight for a few weeks. It would be best if you had light bumper plates to do that such as 10kg or something. This way you'll learn to do the deadlift right away with full diameter plates instead of smaller ones. As you practice with lighter weights, you'll gain some flexibility as well. If you must be more flexible, then stretch after your workout. At that time, the muscle are easier to stretch than at the beginning of the workout. It's also less painful to stretch then. If you feel persistent pain in the lower back, reduce the frequency you train the deadlift.

I train the deadlift once every other workout (once per 4 days or so). Other lifters who use much heavier weights train the deadlift less often than that. I did suffer from back pains but not so much now that I train regularly. I didn't have such a grave injury as you suffered (I suffered disuse/overuse pain) but still I think that training will help you recover as it did me. Learning proper technique will allow you to prevent further injury if nothing else. The alternative, I think, is to do nothing and perhaps wait for another injury to come about due to either incorrect technique or disuse/overuse.

When I say proper technique, I mean not only when you lift a heavy loaded bar. I mean when you pick up something you dropped on the ground or anything like that. If you must perform the deadlift regardless of the weight, size and shape of the object, do so properly.

That said, you're the one who's going to lift that bar so do what you want.

Thank's for the replies!!!
So, it will be:

A

Deadlifts
Leg press
Chins
Dips
Incline dunbell bench press

B

Squats
Bench press
Pull-up
OHBP
One-arm dunbell rows

Maybe it will take 90 to 120 min to do this workout.

<div>
(cgutcu @ Oct. 19 2007,12:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I will do 2 full body workouts a week.Squat one day and deads the outher is enougth for legs?</div>
Yes

I will do 5 reps and 10 reps in the same week.
A 5 B 10
A10 B 5...
Whit this, will be easy to reach at least 50 reps a week per bodypart

<div>
(Martin Levac @ Oct. 18 2007,22:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The video here demonstrates the most technically correct squat that I know of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpA47OUohpM

And the best way I find to describe the deadlift is that it starts just like the squat in that video but with the bar on the ground and the arms extended to grab the bar. Note in the video how he pushes his butt out before he begins to lower the weight. The deadlift begins the same way as we squat to grab the bar.

If you must learn the correct technique, then do so with a lighter weight for a few weeks. It would be best if you had light bumper plates to do that such as 10kg or something. This way you'll learn to do the deadlift right away with full diameter plates instead of smaller ones. As you practice with lighter weights, you'll gain some flexibility as well. If you must be more flexible, then stretch after your workout. At that time, the muscle are easier to stretch than at the beginning of the workout. It's also less painful to stretch then. If you feel persistent pain in the lower back, reduce the frequency you train the deadlift.

I train the deadlift once every other workout (once per 4 days or so). Other lifters who use much heavier weights train the deadlift less often than that. I did suffer from back pains but not so much now that I train regularly. I didn't have such a grave injury as you suffered (I suffered disuse/overuse pain) but still I think that training will help you recover as it did me. Learning proper technique will allow you to prevent further injury if nothing else. The alternative, I think, is to do nothing and perhaps wait for another injury to come about due to either incorrect technique or disuse/overuse.

When I say proper technique, I mean not only when you lift a heavy loaded bar. I mean when you pick up something you dropped on the ground or anything like that. If you must perform the deadlift regardless of the weight, size and shape of the object, do so properly.

That said, you're the one who's going to lift that bar so do what you want.</div>
Incredible squat video... makes the lift look effortless..

Back