exercise to substitute squat and deadlift

r4id3n

Right now,I think I am in the early stage of hernia.What are the exercise that I could replace them with?leg press?I am advised by a doctor not to do squat and deadlift as they may aggravate the injury

One legged leg extensions would probably be the least aggravating though not the best exercise out there for leg hypertrophy.

Rest it. I believe a hernia is a rupture of the abdominal wall isn't it? Usually with one of your organs trying to poke through. You don't want to exacerbate something like that.

Get yourself to a doc and get assessed. If it is, in fact a hernia, and it's mild, you might be able to deal with it with support. Or if you need surgery, it's going to be minor, compared to what couldd happen if you exacerbate it through lifting. Good luck!

r4id3n

Hernias need attention, any given exercise will get your mid-section involved, get it sorted and then come back hard!

Do not fool around while having an hernia, not a good idea at all!

ok,to explain further my condition.I could only feel in the stage nearing 5RM.On the other hand, how long do I have to wait before I could go back into training?This is because I read somewhere that one could could come back after just one week of rest while some needed more rest even though after have been resting for 2 months.

Back