Exercises - 6 times/2 day split

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_domineaux
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_domineaux

I'm currently in my 10s cycle 6 times per week with a 2 day split. Upper body MWF - Lower Body & Abs TTS, two sets of each exercise.

MWF 15 exercises
TTS 11 exercises - Leg day is a toughy

I'm really getting off great workouts, because I'm cramming all that action into not more than 1 hour 15 minutes.

-------------------------------------------

I'm thinking about a larger number of exercises with 1 set of each exercise. I'd like to add an additional 6 or more exercises. I know I can't work it doing a w/2day split at 2 sets per exercise...I'd be so friggin' catabolic after I finished my breath would be "a flame".

I wouldn't mind a smaller number of exercises on a 6xweek/2day split, with 30 minutes of aerobics immediately following the workout. That is, if I could shorten the cycles to say one week 15s - one week 10s - 1 week 5s - 1 week post 5s.

I wouldn't mind a smaller number of exercises on a 3xtimes weekly, with 60 minutes of aerobics on the off day, and 30 minutes on the workout day, that is, if I could shorten the cycles to say one week 15s - one week 10s - 1 week 5s - 1 week post 5s.

I wouldn't mind a smaller number of exercises on a 3xtimes weekly, with 60 minutes of aerobics on the off day, and 30 minutes on the workout day, that is, if I could shorten the cycles. A variation in time spent at each rep level to allow a shorter full cycle.

I'm not going to drop the aerobics. They are awesome for daily energy, even if I am sore all over from my workouts. LOL

I get too bored doing a small number of exercises for 8 weeks, and. I started HST with a small number of exercises and got good gains, but nearly quit from boredom. I also felt it was too difficult to keep consistent workouts in a 2 month stretch. Something was always happening that caused me to have to amend the schedule.

Anyway I'd appreciate comments or even recommendations.
I discussed 4 different thoughts I have on it above. Please don't feel you have to respond within those 4 items. I gave them for an example of the training "I'm currently thinking".
I'm going to finish up this cycle in about 5 weeks and I'd like to change my training up for coming cycles.

Dom

I found a nice variety using my latest program, small amount of coumpounds MWF and a few good isolations Tu and Th.

Worked well, except for the fact that I was and am sleeping quite late and maybe not eating quite enough coupled with the fact that I progressed rather quick so I started getting sore and backed off!

It was challenging though and gave some results, these could have been a whole lot better in a different scenarion, but I was certainly not bored!

Just a thought!
thumbs-up.gif

Do what you think will work best for you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wouldn't mind a smaller number of exercises on a 3xtimes weekly, with 60 minutes of aerobics on the off day, and 30 minutes on the workout day, that is, if I could shorten the cycles. A variation in time spent at each rep level to allow a shorter full cycle.

Try keeping it to 20 minutes of cardio before your workout. When you're talking about your body being catabolic, you don't want to throw cardio on top of that and turn into flames. Try going one week for the 15's and 10's, and two weeks for the 5's and negatives.

-Colby

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colby2152 @ Dec. 15 2005,8:44)]Do what you think will work best for you.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wouldn't mind a smaller number of exercises on a 3xtimes weekly, with 60 minutes of aerobics on the off day, and 30 minutes on the workout day, that is, if I could shorten the cycles.  A variation in time spent at each rep level to allow a shorter full cycle.
Try keeping it to 20 minutes of cardio before your workout.  When you're talking about your body being catabolic, you don't want to throw cardio on top of that and turn into flames.  Try going one week for the 15's and 10's, and two weeks for the 5's and negatives.
-Colby
I'm wondering why you say cardio/aerobics prior to workout?

It is my understanding that the body burns glycogen stores first, and since glycogen is an immediately usable energy source it is best expended during a weight workout.

Then after a 1 hour or less workout the glycogen is mostly used up, and your body will shift into fat furn for energy if there is adequate oxygen present. Therefore if you do aerobics at a slower speed and load, with oxygen rich exercise your body burns fat more efficiently.

I usually will start all workouts with appx 5 minutes warmups on a treadmill, just to get things moving and generate some muscle heat.

This is not argument. I'm interested to know more about your thinking on this. I appreciate your response.

:)

Back