Failure

chetware

This is my first post and I am new to HST.

I have been using a tweaked HIT before and am used to going until I can't move the weight at all. Then I would consider that to be failure.

I have read a bit that because of the frequency that you should end the set just before failure. When is that exactly? Is it when rep speed just starts to slow down and you feel that you can make another 1 or 2 reps, so you stop before attempting 1 or 2 more reps?

Thank you.

<div>
(chetware @ Mar. 01 2007,22:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This is my first post and I am new to HST.

I have been using a tweaked HIT before and am used to going until I can't move the weight at all. Then I would consider that to be failure.

I have read a bit that because of the frequency that you should end the set just before failure. When is that exactly? Is it when rep speed just starts to slow down and you feel that you can make another 1 or 2 reps, so you stop before attempting 1 or 2 more reps?

Thank you.</div>
Stop when one other rep will be impossible.

if you have correctly calculated your 15,10 and 5rm you should reach the failure only in the last wo for each reps range. So don't care the failure, you will stop autmatically before.

Back