few questions before starting

danish_dan

Hey
smile.gif

Im about to start my first HST rutine (been doing 2day splits (four times a week)) and i have a couple of questions before i start up.

Using the HST calulator and my current 15RM , 10RM and 5RM it seem some of the weights overlap even when using 5lbs progress, meaning on the last day of 15RMs i will be lifting more than on the first day of the 10RMs. Isn't dat a problem?

Secondly, I aint exactly Batman.. erhm, for example my 15RM for DB bicep curls are about 35lbs. Does that mean I should be lifting 10lbs the first day.. dat just seems, plain weird
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Using the HST calulator and my current 15RM , 10RM and 5RM it seem some of the weights overlap even when using 5lbs progress, meaning on the last day of 15RMs i will be lifting more than on the first day of the 10RMs. Isn't dat a problem?</div>

This is called zig-zagging, and no it is not a problem.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Secondly, I aint exactly Batman.. erhm, for example my 15RM for DB bicep curls are about 35lbs. Does that mean I should be lifting 10lbs the first day.. dat just seems, plain weird
biggrin.gif
</div>

A good base to start off with is 70% of your RM. Some people will go as low as 60% while others will go with 80%. This way, you aren't lifting too light of weights. With your DB Curls, you will start off with .7*35 = 24.5 =&gt; 25 lbs.

For a standard 3x/week, 2 week schedule:

25, 25, 30, 30, 35, 35

Increment every other workout by 5 lbs. You'll have to tailor certain exercises every cycle.

-Colby

<div>
(colby2152 @ Dec. 20 2006,01:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">For a standard 3x/week, 2 week schedule:

25, 25, 30, 30, 35, 35</div>
A lot of people like to do this with all their weights, increase every 2nd workout. Others like to zigzag. You'll learn as you go that there are so many options, there isn't &quot;one right way&quot; to do a cycle, and you'll find after a couple of cycles and reading the forums what works for you.

The great thing about the way HST is designed is that as long as you follow the basic princples, and eat right, you're guaranteed to keep making gains, so don't sweat the small stuff.

Back