FF's log

• Thread starter imported_fearfactory
  • Start date
I

imported_fearfactory

By July, I will need to be 209 pounds or slightly less and as strong as possible. Currently, I am at 230 (at 6'2" and 33 years of age).

Recently, I have lost 24 pounds. That said, my conditioning is horrendous and will need to improve. I am not conditioning to improve health or appearance, my goal is to be in 'peak' condition the first week of July.

Keeping a log on the internet helps me stay on track. For this reason, I will log my lifting here.

Week 1 Workout 1

15x1x175 Squat

15x1x135 Bench

15x1x135 Bent Row

Welcome back FF. Hope things are going well for you. Good luck with your new goals and I look forward to following your log again.

Yeah, all the best with your goals. What exactly do you mean by 'peak' condition? Are you climbing a mountain in July?

thanks guys!

'peak' was in quotes. after all, every thing's relative!
biggrin.gif

I am planning to wrestle a tournament at 195-209 weight class.

I'm getting paid to coach, so I'll be training. Might as well see if I can beat the rest of the geezers.

1-30-10
15x1x185 Squats
15x1x145 Bench

1-31
15x1x195 Squats
15x1x155 Bench

I inspected fire extinguishers at a soybean processing plant this weekend. Figured all the climbing around would substitute for rows.

It's great to see you logging again, FF. Sounds like you and I are paralleling one another.

Good luck getting to where you need to be - having a tourney as inspiration is great!

...and vids of you attempting heavy cleans. I still remember that one from a while back with the one dude in the background coming to your rescue.

Keep up the iron abuse, FF. Remanufacture if you will.
cool.gif

and those tire things you made for cleans. Those are cool!

thanks much fellas.

for your entertainment:  I failed a clean with 172 today.  Trying to get the bar in position for push press.  Was using a standard bar.  For some reason, I expected the bar to roll when my wrists broke over to rack.  Duh.

I'll start cleaning again after wrestling season.  I am actually having a lot of trouble with recovery right now.

@ electric,  I used the tire thingies for deads today  
biggrin.gif

5x3x365 Deads
10x2x112 OHP
2x5x152 Push Press
1x3x172 Push Press

* edited as I made a mistake w/ PP weights

15x2x210 Squats

2x5x140 Bench
2x4x165
2x3x195

Starting to feel better about squatting.

I witnessed an experienced senior kid literally crying and calling for mother, in the stands, during a junior varsity consolation final yesterday... That got me to thinking about the innate desire to fight. I need to translate this motivation into increasing strength/work capacity.

<div>
(fearfactory @ Feb. 14 2010,2:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I witnessed an experienced senior kid literally crying and calling for mother, in the stands, during a junior varsity consolation final yesterday...  That got me to thinking about the innate desire to fight.   I need to translate this motivation into increasing strength/work capacity.</div>
My five sons all wrestled (as did I many, many years ago). There is something about the third period of a wrestling match such that the one who wants it the most is the more likely to win.

Of course, at the time, it feels more like: the one who least wants to quit and go home.

Well said TR.

Bench
5x1x140
4x2x170
3x2x210
3x3x195

Squat
5x1x135
10x2x210
1x1x260
1x1x280

My shoulders are pretty sore from benching. They should perk up after OHP'ing tomorrow.

Back